* Author: Tatu Ylonen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Copyright (c) 1995 Tatu Ylonen <email@example.com>, Espoo, Finland
* All rights reserved
* Functions to interface with the SSH_AUTHENTICATION_FD socket.
* As far as I am concerned, the code I have written for this software
* can be used freely for any purpose. Any derived versions of this
* software must be clearly marked as such, and if the derived work is
* incompatible with the protocol description in the RFC file, it must be
* called by a name other than "ssh" or "Secure Shell".
/* $OpenBSD: authfile.h,v 1.5 2000/10/16 09:38:44 djm Exp $ */
* Saves the authentication (private) key in a file, encrypting it with
* For RSA keys: The identification of the file (lowest 64 bits of n)
* will precede the key to provide identification of the key without
* needing a passphrase.
save_private_key(const char *filename, const char *passphrase,
Key * private_key, const char *comment);
* Loads the public part of the key file (public key and comment). Returns 0
* if an error occurred; zero if the public key was successfully read. The
* comment of the key is returned in comment_return if it is non-NULL; the
* caller must free the value with xfree.
int load_public_key(const char *filename, Key * pub, char **comment_return);
int try_load_public_key(const char *filename, Key * pub, char **comment_return);
* Loads the private key from the file. Returns 0 if an error is encountered
* (file does not exist or is not readable, or passphrase is bad). This
* initializes the private key. The comment of the key is returned in
* comment_return if it is non-NULL; the caller must free the value with
load_private_key(const char *filename, const char *passphrase,
Key * private_key, char **comment_return);