|author||Damien Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2003-05-18 21:44:07 +1000|
|committer||Damien Miller <email@example.com>||2003-05-18 21:44:07 +1000|
- (djm) Tidy and trim TODO
Diffstat (limited to 'TODO')
1 files changed, 20 insertions, 58 deletions
@@ -1,4 +1,19 @@
+- Update the docs
+ - Update README
+ - Update INSTALL
+ - Merge INSTALL & README.privsep
+- Install FAQ?
+- General FAQ on S/Key, TIS, RSA, RSA2, DSA, etc and suggestions on when it
+ would be best to use them.
+- Create a Documentation/ directory?
- Grep for 'XXX' comments and fix
- Link order is incorrect for some systems using Kerberos 4 and AFS. Result
@@ -21,8 +36,9 @@ Programming:
and maybe support alternate forms of authentications like OPIE via
-- Rework PAM ChallengeResponseAuthentication
- - Use kbdint request packet with 0 prompts for informational messages
+- Improve PAM ChallengeResponseAuthentication
+ - Informational messages
+ - chauthtok
- Use different PAM service name for kbdint vs regular auth (suggest from
- Ability to select which ChallengeResponseAuthentications may be used
@@ -35,70 +51,17 @@ Programming:
- Finish integrating kernel-level auditing code for IRIX and SOLARIS
-- sftp-server: Rework to step down to 32bit ints if the platform
- lacks 'long long' == 64bit (Notable SCO w/ SCO compiler)
-- Linux hangs for 20 seconds when you do "sleep 20&exit". All current
- solutions break scp or leaves processes hanging around after the ssh
- connection has ended. It seems to be linked to two things. One
- select() under Linux is not as nice as others, and two the children
- of the shell are not killed on exiting the shell.
- A short run-down of what happens:
- - The shell starts up, and starts its own session. As a side-effect, it
- gets its own process group.
- - The child forks off sleep, and because it's in the background, puts it
- into its own process group. The sleep command inherits a copy of the
- shell's descriptor for the tty as its stdout.
- - The shell exits, but doesn't SIGHUP all of its child PIDs like it probably
- - The sshd server attempts to read from the master side of the pty, and
- while there are still process with the pty open, no EOF is produced.
- - The sleep command exits, closes its descriptor, sshd detects the EOF, and
- the connection gets closed.
- Ways we've tried fixing this in sshd, and why they didn't work out:
- - SIGHUP the sshd's process group.
- - The shell is in its own process group.
- - Track process group IDs of all children before we reap them (via an extra
- field in Session structures which holds the pgid for each child pid), and
- SIGHUP the pgid when we reap.
- - Background commands are in yet another process group.
- - Close the connection when the child dies.
- - Background commands may need to write data to the connection. Also
- prematurely truncates output from some commands (scp server, the
- famous "dd if=/dev/zero bs=1000 count=100" case).
- Known workarounds:
- - bash: shopt huponexit on
- - tcsh: none
- - zsh: setopt HUP (usually the default setting)
- (taken from email from Jason Stone to openssh-unix-dev, 5 May 2001)
- - pdksh: ?
- This appears to affect NetKit rsh under Linux as well: it behaves the same
- with 'sleep 20 & exit'.
-- Build an automated test suite
- 64-bit builds on HP-UX 11.X (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- utmp/wtmp get corrupted (something in loginrec?)
- can't build with PAM (no 64-bit libpam yet)
-- More and better
-- Install FAQ?
-- General FAQ on S/Key, TIS, RSA, RSA2, DSA, etc and suggestions on when it
- would be best to use them.
-- Create a Documentation/ directory?
Clean up configure/makefiles:
- Clean up configure.ac - There are a few double #defined variables
left to do. HAVE_LOGIN is one of them. Consider NOT looking for
information in wtmpx or utmpx or any of that stuff if it's not detected
from the start
-- Fails to compile when cross compile.
+- Fails to compile when cross compile. (email@example.com)
- Replace the whole u_intXX_t evilness in acconfig.h with something better???
- Do it in configure.ac
@@ -118,7 +81,6 @@ Packaging:
- HP-UX: Provide DEPOT package scripts.
- mmap() issues.
+ /dev/zero solution (Solaris)
@@ -134,4 +96,4 @@ PrivSep Issues:
+ Privsep for Pre-auth only (no fd passing)
-$Id: TODO,v 1.53 2003/01/12 23:00:34 djm Exp $
+$Id: TODO,v 1.54 2003/05/18 11:44:07 djm Exp $